INICIO / RIMD / Miembros / Miembros individuales
Victoria Castillo Rueda
I am a result-oriented person with proven professional experience in monitoring of action programmes, financial management and progress reporting of projects. I approach my work with enthusiasm and attention to detail. My core areas of expertise relate to international cooperation and development issues, and to migration and gender issues in particular. I posses excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and I enjoy working in multicultural and dynamic environment. I am a native speaker in Spanish and fluent in both English and French.
2011 PHD Candidate in Socio-Economics, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
2009 - 2011 Master in Socio-Economics – option Population Studies, University of Geneva, Switzerland. Internship report: History of ILO’s work on Labour Migration 1919-1999.
2007 – 2009: Master in Development Studies, the Graduate Institute in International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland. Dissertation: The commitment of migrants' association to the development of their countries of origin. Co-development projects between Spain and Colombia.
2000 Diploma in Community Action and Social Management, Javeriana University, Bogotá, Colombia.
1994 – 1998 Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Andes University, Bogotá –Colombia Areas of focus: Anthropology and Latin-American studies
Dissertation: Community participation as a mechanism of environmental conflict resolution.
2004 Basic security on the field: protection, heath and personal welfare, United Nations, Bogotá – Colombia.
2004 Logic Frame e-course, Inter American Development Bank.
Volunteer – Programme team. November 25- December 1 2011 International Catholic Migration Commission – Global Forum on Migration and Development
• Note taking and supporting moderators and rapporteurs in the theme 4 working sessions: “Investing in development alternatives to migration”.
Proof Reading Consultant. August – September 2011 International Labour Organization – ILO / Project MIGRANDINA, Lima - Peru.
• Proof reading and editing of two documents in accordance with ILO taxonomy on international labour migration: “Sending Workers Abroad” and “Labour Migration Policy and Management. Training modules”.
June – August 2011 Project: Migration, Scientific Diasporas and Development: Impact of Skilled Return Migration on Development in India. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne / Cooperation Unit, Lausanne, Switzerland
• Finding detailed statistics on recent Indian migration to Switzerland.
• Inventorying the numbers of Indian students/researchers in the main academic and research institutions in Switzerland.
• Mapping collaboration programmes between Indian and Swiss institutions in the field of science and technology. • Mapping of migrant associations/organisations and their home-country engagement.
• Distributing on-line questionnaire directly to identified possible respondents and through institutions employing Indians in Switzerland and Indian Migrants Associations in Switzerland and systematic promotion of potential respondents’ participation.
May 2011 – July 2011 International Labour Organization – ILO / International Migrant Programme, Geneva, Switzerland.
• Conducting research review on gender, migration and development in order to modify and finalize the “Framework for Action on Maximising the Contribution of Women Migrant Workers to Development”.
• Data collection and analysis of research conducted on remittances; rights and protection of women migrants; linkages between de-skilling, brain waste and gender, migration and development; women migrants’ participation in diaspora organisations and women migrant entrepreneurship.
September 2010 – February 2011 International Labour Organization – ILO / International Migrant Programme, Geneva, Switzerland.
• Conducting research on the history of ILO’s work on international labour migration for the period between 1919 – 1999.
• Compilation and maintenance of the database on the history of ILO’s work on international labour migration.
• Data collection and analysis of research conducted on Gender, Migration and Development issues.
• Finalizing and editing of International Migration paper titled: “Strengthening the linkages between migration, gender equality and development” in both English and Spanish.
February - June 2010, June, October – December 2009.International Labour Organization – ILO / Employment Policy Department, Geneva, Switzerland
• Formatting of Employment Working Papers.
Proof Reading Consultant. May 2008 International Labour Organization – ILO / International Program for the Eradication of Child Labour - IPEC, Geneva, Switzerland.
• Proof reading and editing of a document in accordance with ILO taxonomy on child labour and HIV/AIDS.
Child Domestic Labour Project Assistant. July 2001 – December 2004 International Labour Organization - ILO / International Program for the Eradication of Child Labour – IPEC, Bogotá, Colombia.
• Assisting technical backstopping, project implementation and monitoring, as project assistant.
• Assisting the Project Coordinator on the drafting, monitoring and verification of the quarterly technical project progress reports to the Subregional Office for the Andean Countries - SRO-Lima.
• Conducting revisions of the quarterly financial reports for three action programs and their corresponding technical reports.
• Coordination with consultants and executive agencies.
• Participating in technical missions for accompanying executive agencies.
• Providing logistical, administrative and technical support in organising missions, meetings, events, seminars and workshops.
Red Internacional de Migración y Desarrollo
Mapa del sitio | Contáctenos