INICIO / RIMD / Miembros / Miembros individuales
Mary kate Naatus
Eight years of college teaching experience in business disciplines including international business immersion courses involving foreign travel; Seven years in academic program management, curriculum development, assessment and accreditation and academic advising; Two years of international development experience in Central America; Strong oral and written communication skills with Journalism background; International project management and grant writing; Bilingual-Spanish.
Ph.D. in Global Affairs, Concentration in International Management, GPA 3.9, May 2009. Rutgers University, Newark, NJ.
Dissertation title: Impact of migrant remittances on economic and social welfare in El Salvador Dissertation advisor: Dr. Carlos Seiglie.
Master of Business Administration, May 2004, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ. Concentration in Management Information Systems, GPA 3.9.
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, May 1999 The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ Minors in Spanish and Biology, GPA: 3.4.
World Learning- San Vicente, El Salvador: 3-month intensive training in Spanish language, cultural adaptation, grant proposal development and project management, 2000.
College Consortium for International Studies: Semester abroad in Seville, Spain, 1998.
Program Director, School of Management New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ, 2003-2010.
- Led marketing campaign with high schools, community colleges and corporate sector recruiting students, increasing undergraduate enrollment by 25% over four year period, and developed statewide articulation agreements with NJ county colleges.
- Developed standards, assessment techniques and analyzed data for AACSB accreditation process.
- Assisted in planning International Study Trip with Executive MBA students to Brazil, Chile and Argentina.
Itinerary included cultural, business and governmental visits and exchanges and developed global education initiatives and fostered exchange agreements and study abroad partnerships around the world.
Writer and Translator, HR Plus, Dayton, NJ 2003-2007
- Translated Human Resources documents into Spanish, including employee handbooks, legal documents and policy-related documents for independent HR consulting firm.
Community Development Volunteer, U.S. Peace Corps, El Salvador, Central America 2000 – 2002- Wrote international project proposals in English and Spanish for $41,200 in funding from U.S. Agency for International Development and managed infrastructure projects benefiting 150 families in 3 rural communities; projects include latrines and bridge construction.
- Administered $52,000 housing project for earthquake victims in conjunction with Spanish NGO Ayuda en Acción; project included land acquisition, construction and education.
Executive Assistant, Bestfoods International, Englewood Cliffs, NJ , 1999-2000.
News Writer and Editor, Pennington Post, Pennington, NJ, 1999-2000.
Editor of Unbound Magazine, The College of New Jersey, Trenton, NJ 1998-1999.
Assistant Professor, Department of Business Administration Saint Peter’s College, Jersey City, NJ, 2010-present.
- Taught undergraduate and graduate courses in International Marketing, International Management, Organizational Behavior and Principles of Marketing, class size 15-35.
- Developed hybrid course in International Management for evening students in abbreviated semester.
- Taught Cooperative Education course individualized to student internship experience.
- Advised students majoring in business disciplines on academic, career and other issues.
Adjunct Professor of Business and Management. New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ 2003-2010.
- Taught Introduction to Business and Principles of Management, Class size 25-60; developed online component of business courses through WebCT software platform; served as department faculty coordinator for Educational Opportunities Program summer program; taught physical education courses.
Adjunct Professor of ESL and Spanish , Essex County College, Newark, NJ, 2002-2003.
- Taught English as a Second Language, Spanish for Medical Personnel and Spanish for Business to adult students, class size 15-25.
Language Instructor, La Casa de Don Pedro, Inc. Newark, NJ, 2002-2003.
- Taught ESL and civics course to adult students, class size 20-25.
Conference Presentation at Drexel University, Philadelphia, May 18, 2012 Business Professor Teaching Summit, Engagement of Latino Students in the Business Curriculum Panel Presentation: The impact of new media on communication and news, Fifth Annual Media and History Conference, Saint Peter’s College, Apr. 12, 2012.
Panel Presentation: The Sociology of Small Businesses, Eastern Sociological Society Conference, Feb. 2012 Panelist, Guarini Leadership Series, Politics in Mexico, Saint Peter’s College, October 2011.
Conference Presentation: University of Maryland, Department of Latin American and Caribbean Studies Impact of Migrant Remittances on Education in El Salvador, April 2010.
Manuscripts in Progress:
The Sociology of Small Businesses in Northern NJ, with Alex Trillo and student research team The Impacts of Migrant Remittances on Education and Life Expectancy in El Salvador, submitted to the Latin Americanist, UNC Charlotte. Status: Not accepted for December issue, Seeking alternative journal for publication.
Grants and Fellowships: Saint Peter’s College Kenny Research Fellowship, 2011.
Eastern Academy of Management, 2006-2007.
Honors and Awards:
Pi Beta Delta Business Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Honor Society.
Alpha Epsilon Lambda Graduate Student Honor Society.
NJIT Student Senate Best Administrator Award, 2006.
NJIT Scholar-Athlete Award, 2002.
United Nations Association Eastern Academy of Management National Academic Advising Association Society for the Advancement of Management New Jersey Collegiate Business Administration Association American Marketing Association Delta Sigma Pi Professional Business Fraternity Eastern Sociological Society.
Saint Peter’s College Committees Task Force on Specialty Accreditation for Business Programs, Co-Chair, AY 2011-present.
Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment Team, AY 2011-present Personnel Welfare Committee, AY 2012-2013.
Enrollment Committee, AY 2012-2013 Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access, AY 2011-2012 College Services, AY 2011-2012 Co-Advisor, U.N. Student Alliance, SPC Student Chapter Green Committee, AY 2010-2011 Admissions and Enrollment Yield Team, AY 2010-2011.
Professional Development Activities: New York University Summer Faculty Research Seminar-Technology in Teaching and Learning, June 2012 DMEF Professional Conference, March 2012, Participant; brought 5 SPC business students IACBE Accreditation Conference, Dallas, PA, October 2011 New York University Summer Faculty Research Seminar-The Asian Business Experience, June 2011 SPC Title V Diversity and Curricular Infusion Seminar, June 2011 SPC Service Learning Training, May 2011 National Science Foundation Research Day, Princeton University, 2010 Blackboard technology and hybrid course training, 2010 Direct Marketing Education Conference, NYC, 2010 AACSB Assurance of Learning Seminar, NYC, 2010 AACSB Applied Assessment Seminar, Arlington, VA, 2009
Red Internacional de Migración y Desarrollo
Mapa del sitio | Contáctenos