INICIO / RIMD / Miembros / Miembros individuales
David M. Eche Enriquez
Environmental degradation as a determinant factor of human migration, and underdevelopment in rural communities.
January 2013. Ph.D. Agricultural Sciences. University of Kassel, Witzenhausen,Germany.
September 2012. Ph.D. Development Studies. Autonomous University of Zacatecas,Zacatecas, Mexico.
Land Degradation, Small-Scale Farm’s Development, and Migratory Flows in Chiapas/Mexico: Case Study: Tapachula.
August 2009. M.Sc. International Organic Agriculture. University of Kassel, Witzenhausen, Germany. Thesis title: Effects of Afghan Immigrant Labour Force in the Agricultural Sector of Iran, Study Case: Tehran
June 2004. Agricultural Engineer. Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador. Ibarra, Ecuador.
March 2001. Agricultural Technician. Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador Ibarra.
• Summa cum laude distinction for the outstanding doctoral research work and thesis at the Department of Development Economics, and Agricultural Policy – University of Kassel, Germany (2012).
• Awarded with honorific mention for the best research work and final thesis by the Autonomous University of Zacatecas, Mexico (2012).
• Scholarship for the fieldwork research in the city of Tapachula, Mexico; awarded by the International Center for Development and Decent Work ICDD (2010).
• Awarded for the vintage performance in the final semester at the Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences, with respect to the final thesis work (2009).
• Scholarship for the fieldwork research in the city of Tehran, Iran; awarded by the German Institute for Agriculture in the Tropics and Subtropics (2008).
Sep 2010– Sep 2011. Researcher: Land degradation, Small-Scale Farms Development and Migratory flows in Chiapas; Case Study Tapachula, Mexico. Department of Development Economics, Migration and Agricultural Policy (DEMAP ) at University of Kassel In agreement with the Academic Unit in Development Studies at Autonomous University of Zacatecas (UAEDD-UAZ).
•Link the research project and the academic institution with other private and governmental institutions working in similar fields.
•Develop a strategic plan for conducting research in several communities.
•Organize field trips and coordinate the feasibility of the research in the different communities.
•Organize meetings, workshops and conferences with local authorities and research communities in the research area in order to join forces to work together for achieving the research project goals.
•Train and coordinate the work of enumerators in the field research.
•Elaborate questionnaires, interviews, and tools for gathering information from small-scale farmers and peasants.
•Implement, monitor and evaluate the project.
•Enter and process the collected information into statistical packages.
•Write reports of results and activities.
Jan 2009 – Apr 2009. Researcher: Afghan immigrant labour force in the Agricultural Sector Of Iran Case Study: Tehran Environmental Sciences Research Institute (ESRI) at Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran.
•Elaborate and design questionnaires.
•Collect field data.
•Conduct surveys and interviews
Nov 2007– Aug 2008. Sisters of Providence Care Centers, Inc. Lenox, MA, USA.
•Development of balanced diets for residents
Apr. 2004 – Apr.2005. Project manager: Regional Foundation for Development (FUNREDES) Ibarra, Ecuador Projects Department.
•Developing and assessing projects for rural development.
•Work with local indigenous communities.
•Community Assistance, community development.
•Technology and knowledge transfer.
Dec. 2000 – Mar.2004. Manager: animal feed and seeds company “IMBALANCEADOS”, Ibarra, Ecuador.
•Management of the company’s financial resources.
•Provide leadership, guidance and monitoring of supervised staff.
•Technical assistance to farmers and customers.
•Trading cereals and pulses seeds.
•Trading animal feed and animal supplements.
• Institutional action: ability to plan, conduct and evaluate projects with leadership. Communication: excellent communication in multicultural environments and good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment Analysis and Forecasting: capacity of taking decisions and resolutions through of an objective analysis based on acquired knowledge and personal and professional experiences. Management: Effective organisational skills and ability to handle a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner; develop and maintain mutually relations with personnel through monitoring of activities and showing respect, responsibility, accountability, and compliance. Good management of information and knowledge IT Skills: computer literacy (including word and excel); use of statistical and information management software.
Reading Writing Speaking
Spanish Excellent Excellent Excellent
English Excellen Excellent Excellent
Portuguese Good Fair Fair
German Poor Poor Fair
Other: teamwork person, willingness to learn new skills and to travel.
Red Internacional de Migración y Desarrollo
Mapa del sitio | Contáctenos